See how much energy our solar panels are saving! Click here.
| Since 1967, the Chappellets have been dedicated stewards of Pritchard Hill. This stewardship is demonstrated in the winery’s extensive sustainable and organic practices:
• Chappellet’s entire Pritchard Hill ® vineyard will be certified organic by CCOF in 2012 (66 acres are already certified).
• In 2008, Chappellet unveiled a 20,000-square-foot solar photovoltaic system that generates enough energy to offset 100 percent of the winery’s PG&E bill. Over 30 years, it will reduce greenhouse gases by 4,513,275 lbs.
• Chappellet has an extensive onsite grape pomace composting program, producing approximately 400,000 pounds of compost each year.
• To conserve water, Chappellet employs careful irrigation practices and drought-resistant rootstocks, and uses only run-off water for irrigation.
• The Chappellets have maintained the natural integrity of Pritchard Hill. Only 16 percent of the property is under vine, the rest remains uncultivated.
• Chappellet switched to a lighter, more eco-friendly bottle for its Pritchard Hill ® Estate Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon.
• Vineyard equipment runs on 50 percent biodiesel.